1. Decide what your aims and objectives are – what will success look like?
2. Set a budget, be realistic about what you can afford and what it can achieve
3. Check out the agency’s portfolio of work
4. Look at their experience, technical know how and track record
5. Compare apples with apples ( a freelancer working out of a bedroom is always going to be cheaper but that doesn’t make them better)
6. Think about the support you might need once the site is live
7. Take up references and what other clients say
8. Ask for a written proposal so you know exactly what you’re getting for the money
9. Ask for a demonstration of the technology that will be used so you know it’s right for you
10. Check the work is being done in house and not being sent offshore or to a freelancer where there is no accountability
Follow these basic tips and you will find a professional agency to support you on your digital agency journey.